Thursday 6 August 2015

Finally painting again!

Greetings all.

I've certainly not been idle on the hobby front, but it has been a while since I actually slapped some paint on something. This week I rectified this!

This poor chap has been sitting on my desk for quite some time. So long in fact that I actually had to dust him off before painting :S

I can't actually remember whether I showed him as a WIP, but he's a Tzeentch Daemon Prince built from a variety of old school parts. His head is from a first edition horror, as are his hands, and the grimoire-toting familiar comes from Arkhan the Black's chariot (proper old school). It's not a great pic I'm afraid, but I hope you like him:


Expect to see something a bit different from me over the next few weeks and months. I mentioned that I've been bitten by the Rogue Trader bug, and the next few posts will certainly reflect that...

Comments welcome!

10 comments:

  1. Awesome work, can't wait to see your RT stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers dude! Plenty of RT stuff in the works, kind of interspersed with more old school daemons, just to stay true to my roots!

      Delete
  2. Nicely done! Painting up a scratchbuilt demon is fun, isn't it? I like the use of the horror head - somehow it gives him a bit of a Bob Olley vibe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought of that actually, but now that you mention it, it really does! I feel a bit guilty for leaving him unpainted for so long, as I was really pleased with the conversion. Glad you like him though!

      Delete
  3. Brother. That is an inspired conversion, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks brother! I did the conversion aaaages ago, but finally got round to painting it!

      Delete
  4. Looking good, even the base adds to the overall aesthetic. Looking forward to your RT project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ta muchly! RT project is now underway, so look out for some stuff in the next couple days ;)

      Delete
  5. Very cool mate - we'll have to hook up so I can see him in the lead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate! Must hang soon so I can see those pirates IRL too.

      Delete