Thursday 17 November 2016

Creepy crawlies

Greetings all.

I have a quick and dirty post, with a quick and dirty picture of a quick and dirty paint job for you today. I needed a couple of "ice spiders" for my Frostgrave bestiary, so I picked up a couple of Reaper Bones spiders super cheap. I'm growing fond of Bones for this sort of thing, purely because it's so cheap. The material is too light and flexible for me to even consider building an army or warband out of it, but for generic random monsters, it's perfect. I had no intention of spending much time on these two, so this is like an hour from start to completely finished:


They certaintly aren't winning any painting awards, but they'll do just fine as random encounters in the frozen city.

Till next time!

2 comments:

  1. If that's your speed painting, then you are doing just fine!

    I've come to really enjoy allowing my own standards to lapse and speed painting cheap plastic miniatures (like you, I sometimes do Bones monsters... but also lots of the Cthulhoid beasties for Mansions of Madness). It can be fun to be fast and sloppy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man :) yeh they turned out pretty cool for a rough job on some simple minis. Sometimes it is nice just to have some real stress free painting!

      Delete