Sunday 23 March 2014

New additions: Daemon Princes and Portalglyph

Greetings all.

It's been a little while since I made much headway with The Stormbringers. I was originally going for a heavy Nurgle theme, but after a few games of getting completely stomped I decided to rethink that plan... I came up with a few pretty good lists, but they all required a good deal of painting and building. I had nearly all of the models I needed, but they were languishing in the leadpile.

I began proxying a few of the models I needed and playing a few games. After some good initial success (although Eldar seem to be a serious problem...) I got my motivation back. I am delighted to be able to present some of the fruits of my labours.

First up, a new Tzeentch Daemon Prince for buffing my Flesh Hounds with the grimoire:


Not the best picture I'll admit, but hopefully you get the idea. I'll upload some better pics when he has some paint on him. The model is based on the old (OLD) metal Daemon Prince, with the addition of the hands from an old Blue Horror. The head is a chopped up body of an old Pink Horror and the grimoire-bearing familiar is from Arkhan the Black's chariot. I based him on a resin ruin to give him some extra height and bring him more in line with the size of the current Daemon Prince models.

Next up is a Slaanesh Daemon Prince with a Lash of Despair for spanking flyers and armour:


A similar build to the Tzeentch prince, this guy has a whip arm from a plastic Tyranid and a claw from the original Keeper of Secrets. The mask is from a Dark Eldar Chronos and the head has been filed down to fit. Hidden from view is his scorpion tail, taken from an old Chaos Spawn model (the multi-part one).

Lastly, I picked up this very cool Portalglyph from Fanboy Forge. Unfortunately his shop seems to be closed at the moment, but I was very pleased with this purchase. No conversion work done to it whatsoever. I just slapped it on a piece of thin plasticard to make sure it sits flat on the table and added a little sand to the ground around the portal itself. I'm looking forward to painting this one.


That's it for now, hope you like em. I've also managed to find time this weekend to slap some paint on five original Flesh Hounds (of 15...), but you'll have to wait until tomorrow for that. 

Comments are welcome!

2 comments:

  1. Brother!

    Just wanted you to know that I can relieve you of that pile of lead if the pressure gets to you ;)

    Kidding aside (but a tad serious) great looking blog. I've started following several blogs the last year so yours will of course be added to that list :)

    R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks brother, I'll keep that offer in mind ;)

      Good to have you on board!

      Delete