Friday 28 March 2014

Paws for thought: Five more Flesh Hounds of Khorne

Greetings all.

I'm back again with another little update. I've finished painting another five Flesh Hounds of Khorne, leaving just five remaining.

Not much more to add on the previous post, although I did mean to say a few words on the bases I've chosen. Flesh Hounds are yet to receive updated models (just the Finecrap treatment), so they are normally based on the fantasy "horse" bases. Now, I didn't want no horrid square (well, rectangular) bases in my 40k army, so I had to look for a suitable alternative. I did a little Googling and found a few examples on 40mm bases and a few on the oblong cavalry/bike bases. I thought the right choice was the 40mm base, as a) it looked so much better and b) all other "Beast" units (Khymerae, Fiends, Fenrisian Wolves) are on 40mm bases too. In the long run I suspect Flesh Hound will end up on 40mm bases too, so that's what I went with.

Well, with that out of the way... Pictures!



Comments welcome!

3 comments:

  1. 40mm bases is the way to go no doubt :)

    What list are you running these days? I run slaanesh/tzeentch as in the last update on 'seer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed brother!

      My list is a bit of mix these days... still tinkering with it tbh. I'm gonna put up a couple of lists in my next post I think, so look out for them in the next few days!

      Delete
  2. Will do! Got my first game with the 1500 points against an escalation force.

    Here's hoping it will go well!

    ReplyDelete