Wednesday 30 August 2023

Nostalgia project 1: Bommerz over da sulphur river

Greetings all.

Been a while again hasn't it? I'm barely hanging on with the blogging thing these days as I've said before, but I'm gonna continue posting until I figure out what I'm going to do with it. It's a good way of keeping an eye on progress, and there has been some progress.

My last update was in February and I've done a fair few interesting things since then. First up, and the subject of this post...

Bommerz over da sulphur river!

Does anybody remember this awesome little game? This takes me right back to the late 90s, playing with my mates on the last day(s) of the school term. As a result I just had to pick up a copy for myself. I'd seen somewhere on the internet that some people had updated their copies a bit to use minis instead of the cardboard counters that come with the game, so I did exactly that:









It's an awesome little game, and just as fun as I remember. I've played a few games of it now, including one with one of the school mates I used to play it with all those years ago.









This is the first in a series of what I'm calling "nostalgia projects". A lot of what I paint is pretty much nostalgia driven anyway, but there are a few things that really take me back to simpler times, and this is one of them.



No comments:

Post a Comment