Sunday 19 October 2014

A quest for self-improvement: Painting process and better photos

Greetings all.

I'm pleased to say that this time round I've made some pretty decent progress. I've finished off the second Herald of Tzeentch (which was a pleasure to paint, but fiddly as hell), and I managed to build my display cabinet that has been sitting in the corner for the past month...

The Lost and the Damned (Nurgle & Tzeentch)
Slaves to Darkness (Khorne & Slaanesh)
Blood Bowl (Undead & Necromantic)
Another little development is that I got some inspiration recently from the excellent tutorial posted on Orlygg's always brilliant blog. I've been promising myself that I'll make more of an effort to take decent photos for aaages now, just never really got round to doing it. By "decent" I don't just mean better lighting etc, I'm also referring to making them more interesting to look at and maybe telling a bit of a story, or at least setting a scene. 

So I printed off some suitably epic backdrops and gave it a shot...

Gibberdoom, Herald of Tzeentch
With his brother, Blastgnaw
Gibberdoom with his Screamer retinue
Blastgnaw with his Screamers
Group shot
These are my first attempts, so the lighting isn't perfect, but I'm pretty pleased all in all. Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. Lookig good Brother, those Heralds are super-cool... and I like where your photography is going too! You're putting me to shame mate... I'm struggling to paint anything at the moment!

    ReplyDelete