Friday 3 October 2014

Magic markers: Cursed Earth & Grimoire

Greetings all.

I've managed to get in a bit of gaming time recently, as well as doing a spot of painting (a double win there). Oh and the missus treated me to a trip to Alton Towers last weekend, so been quite a busy boy.

It occurred to me that with all the new psychic powers of 7th edition 40k, plus the usual daemonic trickery, I needed a way of keeping track of everything. There can be numerous different status effects all in play at one time, particularly with such a highly psychic army as daemons. Instead of using a bunch of differently coloured dice and/or counters (like a chump), I decided to make my own markers (like a boss).

These two represent the psychic power "Cursed Earth" and the daemonic gift "The Grimoire of True Names", respectively. They're both made from the old Chaos Familiars and are a little tongue in cheek, which is why I love them. They had their debut at the club last week, and they were so well received that I felt obliged to slap some paint on them:


Hope you like the little guys, let me know what you think. I've got a few more in mind for some other psychic powers (for those of you who play 40k: biomancy and telepathy have plenty of scope for more of these guys).

Ta ta.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome dude, I love them... Is it terribly wrong of me to hope that they suffer a bit of 'shiny model syndrome' next time we clash? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I suppose I don't blame you brother! I'm surely due some bad luck with them...

      Delete