Saturday 21 June 2014

Army list thoughts: Seventh edition

Greetings all.

In my efforts to post a little more often, I thought I might provide some insight into my current army selection now that 40k seventh has dropped.

I'm starting off with just 1000 points this time, partly to get my head around the nuances of the new rules and partly so I have a chance of having a fully painted army again.

Here it is:

HQ

Herald of Tzeentch - Disc, ML3, Exalted Reward (Portalglyph)
Herald of Tzeentch - Disc, ML3, Lesser Reward (Staff probably)

These guys ride with the Screamers. They'll both roll on Malefic, hoping for at least one Cursed Earth so I can have a good sized bubble of protection.

Troops

12 Pink Horrors - Champion
12 Pink Horrors - Champion

These guys are here to generate warp charge and provide backfield OS scoring. They'll also do a bit of summoning if I have enough charge.

Fast Attack

6 Screamers

Bodyguard for the Heralds, and tank munchers.

Heavy Support

Soul Grinder - Slaanesh, Baleful Torrent
Soul Grinder - Slaanesh, Baleful Torrent

The real heavy hitters. They'll run alongside the Screamers and Heralds to benefit from Cursed Earth.

There's not much to it I realise, but it's a start and it'll get me used to playing with the seventh edition rules. Models-wise, I'm currently working on the Heralds and the Screamers, and I have a little something planned for the Grinders.

Comments welcome!

2 comments:

  1. 'Ello mate, Alex here, loving your work! (as always)

    ReplyDelete