Thursday 21 August 2014

Last Stand at Eidolan – a 40k scenario

Greetings all.

Well it's taken me a while, but I'm finally getting round to playing my first game of seventh edition 40k. This wont be just any old game however... A fellow blogger and good friend of mine has cooked up something rather special. In the interests of avoiding any copyright infringement suits, I shall link you to his blog post on our forthcoming battle.

My capering daemonic horde, The Stormbringers, will be assaulting the mysterious Temple of Eidolan. This crumbling structure houses the otherworldly nexus of power known as The Bane of Eidolan, rumoured to hold sway over the children of the true gods. Under the baleful eye of their master, the Lord of Change known as Gibberflux Doomcackle, The Stormbringers will attempt to take possession of the temple, and the nexus, for their own nefarious purposes. Perhaps to use against against a rival daemon lord, perhaps to destroy. It may be that only Tzeentch himself knows the true purpose of the nexus, but its power is undeniable.

Below you can see the slavering horde that will be assailing the weakling defenders to bring glory to their masters:



Yes I know they're crappy pictures, and yes I am sorry for that. What you see here is pretty much all the daemons I currently have painted. The only one missing is Scabieathrax, but I thought I'd leave him out in favour of a more balanced scenario (given that the defenders would have literally no hope of killing him before he vomited destruction all over the shop).

I'm really looking forward to playing out this scenario. It's pretty much a narrative affair, which makes a rather nice change from incessantly coming up with meaner and meaner lists to crush my enemies, see them driven before me, and hear the lamentation of their women.

I'm sure a pict feed of the battle will be ordered by the Inquisition, and I'll use trickery and daemonic sorcery to procure a number of images for your enjoyment. Or failing that, we'll both take lots of pictures and post them on our respective blogs...

More when the dust settles!

No comments:

Post a Comment