Sunday 9 November 2014

Hobby update (I'm still alive!)

Greetings all.

I realise I've been a little quiet of late, despite a flurry of updates just before that. Just thought I'd drop in to let you know that a) I'm still alive and well, and b) that I have in fact been rather busy with hobby stuff. Prepare yourselves for something of a picture dump... I've got my fingers in many pies at the moment, frantically assembling and working on various things just to get them off my "to do" list (and on to my "to paint" list...).

Here we go:

The last of the Screamers are assembled, finally. They're a gigantic pain in the arse to assemble, so I'm glad they're done! That's three more for each unit (pink and blue if you've been following).

More classic familiars for psychic power effects. From left to right: Iron Arm, Enfeeble, Shrouding, Invisibility.

Some cool Realm of Chaos era Flamers for summoning.

A trio of horrors to boost up my existing units. I love the expression of the little guy on the left.

Three Nurgle spawn for when I get the momentum/time to get on with the CSM portion of my army.

Chaos Bastion. Quite a lot of work has gone into this already, though it may not show yet. I shaved off the icons of the false emperor (a right pain btw), and covered the lot in textured paint. I've also added a sprinkling of Chaos icons, and am in the process of adding a whole bunch of skulls around the door frame. That's the bit of the project I *kinda* wish I hadn't started, as it seems to be taking forever, but I think it'll be worth it at the end.

Right, that's me. Comments welcome of course!

6 comments:

  1. Dude, you have been busy! I love it all, but the humour in using the familiars is really doing it for me brother. I'm curious about the bastion though, nice job, but not very demonic... I assume that is more for the chaos marines you mentioned? What old-hammer marines do you have? Properly curious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks brother! Yeh I'm all about the familiars right now, gonna have quite a few of them when I'm done, to keep track of all those psychic powers...

      You're right about the bastion not being overtly daemonic. There are a few reasons for this:

      1) I wanted something fairly generic, but still suitably chaotic, so that (as you correctly identified) I can use it with the rest of my chaos forces.
      2) I wasn't particularly inspired by this so I kind of wanted something I could get put together pretty quickly.
      3) If it serves its purpose then it'll be replaced with a scratch built daemonic one in the future, when I can afford to spend more time on it.

      As to the chaos marines: I actually don't have any right now! I had moderately sized khorne and nurgle warbands a while back but I sold them off (IDIOT). I've got a bunch of the old metal cultists waiting in the wings though, plus the spawn above. That's a whole nother project though... got loads of daemons on the table first!

      Delete
  2. Nice selection of models for the spawn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man :) I've got a couple more to beef the unit up to 5, but you'll just have to wait for those ;)

      For those who don't know: that's a plague elemental, fenbeast, and mutant ogre. Great old school models.

      Delete
  3. Sweet update brother! Was wondering what was happening as you had great momentum :)

    Don't you find it refreshing working with the new kits? Though I enjoy working with metal models myself primarily it's nice to see how good the new kits are once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers brother! Actually I've found it a little intimidating working with the new kits! I'm so used to working with old school lead, that big shiny plastic kits leave me a bit out of my depth. It's good to work with a different medium though, and I've gotta say it sure is nice not to have to deal with the sometimes less than perfect castings of the olden days ;)

      Delete