Sunday 11 January 2015

What's on my painting table?

Greetings all.

I've been pretty busy with a bunch of assembly work recently, but I'm almost finished with it all (for now anyway...). I thought it was time to post a few WIP pics of what I've been up to, and show you what I'll be working on for the foreseeable future.

First up, three bases of Nurglings:


These are the first edition (read: best) models. I built their bases up with a little cork to bring them more in line with height of the current plastics, just to avoid any raised eyebrows in games (not that I currently play against anyone like that, but you never know).

I've also been working on some more first edition Horrors, either for jumping out of the portalglyph, for summoning, or for beefing up my current unit for larger games:


Lastly, been frantically assembling three units of first edition Daemonettes for summoning purposes:


Oh yeh and here's the lot together:


Of course, when I say "the lot", I don't mean anything like that. This horde is *most* of what I currently have undercoated and ready to paint. I'm also working on the Forge World Khorne Daemon Prince (just for funsies), a bunch more old school daemons, and this little lot sitting atop my cabinet:


*sigh...* Looks like I'll be a busy boy for a while yet. However, everyone knows that if you finish painting all your models, you die. I'm just not willing to take that chance...

13 comments:

  1. I know I'll never be finished, I'm just trying to get the queue down to a single digit worth of years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! That's a worthy goal of you ask me! The sad thing is, I'm already considering my next big project after I've got this lot done (a chaos corrupted knight, followed by a renegades and heretics army...).

      Delete
    2. I have plans for projects that will last years and years. My main exercise in willpower right now is trying to buy less than I paint, and to buy things as I'm about to use them, rather than have anything sit around in boxes for years.

      It's a vain hope, right?

      Delete
    3. Ah I'd like to be in that position, but my current aim is just to clear some of the backlog before I buy more bits. I've hidden several boxes away in the loft to make myself feel like the situation isn't as dire as it really is... But hey, it's just a burden we all have to bear right??

      Delete
    4. Yeah. Lets just say I'm not succeeding yet. But it's a noble goal.

      Delete
  2. I love the idea that if you paint all your miniatures you die - It's probably true too! Some great things on your painting table, love all those old Pink Horror sculpts - nice to see some Blood Bowl bits lurking in there too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'll admit that I haven't really done the appropriate level of research into the truth of that... But it's not worth the risk if you ask me ;) Good spot on the BB dudes btw. I painted up an undead/necro team a few years ago, and I think it's about time they had some reinforcements!

      Delete
  3. Is that read as ALL your figs or just the figs of 1 army? I am truly terrified now as my skaven almost nearly sort of reach their conclusion.
    On the topic of raised bases I've adopted using cork sheeting as compared to the old method of green stuff blob, tirelessly insert tree bark and talus stone then sand then prime.
    Much easier it seems. Good luck with your 4th ring of hell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks man, I need all the good luck I think... I think we can safely say it only applies to ALL your models, since I do have *some* completed projects (insofar as a project is ever really complete...), and I'm still here!

      Delete
  4. I'm NEVER going to get close to painting everything. I see it as an eternal labour that can never end. I know that if I ever begun to get close then a new pike of minis would appear through the letter box portal from dimension ebay.................

    Looks like some fun work you have going on there, loving all of the old school deamonage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's a good way of handling it tbh... That way you can ensure that you live forever (once again, I'm not sure I've done sufficient research, but let's just run with it).

      And yeh, I pretty much can't get enough of the old school daemons, to the point where I'm starting to need another cabinet to house them :S

      Delete
    2. oh so you can get away with cabinets can you? Lucky b#gger!

      Delete
    3. Ha! Well I can get away with a cabinet, but it still remains to be seen if I can get away with another one ;)

      Delete