Wednesday 7 January 2015

First models of 2015: Plaguebearer command

Greetings all.

Happy new year and all that jazz. So, having set myself the goal of painting 100 models this year, I thought it best if I got cracking.

I thought I'd start with something I enjoy painting and could get done pretty quickly. Plaguebearers fit the bill nicely. Nurgle is by far my favourite chaos god, but doesn't always crush my enemies the way I'd like (too slow, and cover-ignoring weaponry messes Nurgle right up). However... thanks to 7th edition and summoning, my Nurgle boys have their uses again. I've already got a bunch of Plaguebearers painted up, but since the command group comes free with summoned units, it would be silly not to include them. So, without further ado:

There's a small amount of conversion work gone into these guys, but nothing too drastic. The 1st edition champion had horns added from the current plastics (to mark him out as a champion), and the icon bearer had an icon from the same kit, with a plasticard banner pole. The 2nd edition champion is untouched, but the icon bearer had the top of his banner pole resculpted, and a modern icon added too. Well that's 4% of my overall goal achieved... *sigh*.

Comments are welcome of course!

6 comments:

  1. Too notch paint jobs, good luck on your next 96

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers dude, lots more to go but it's a start!

      Delete
  2. Solid start brother! Its always a good strategy mixing the "must haves" with your favourite miniatures to stay motivated. I did it when I painted the green tide. Had 10 boyz and then some nobs or hq as motivation at the end of the bulk lineup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks brother! Yeh I think you're spot on there actually. I don't know how you got through so many orks frankly! A handful of daemons doesnt seem like much in comparison! I've got a few things to paint when my to do list gets a bit much. Got the forge world khorne daemon prince sitting on my table to do just for fun. He's terrible in game, but he'll look damn good in my display case!

      Delete
  3. Rather top notch paint jobs and conversions matey!

    ReplyDelete